(April 20, 2011 - Santa Barbara, CA) Fielding Graduate University’s School of Human & Organizational Development announces the addition of two certificate programs to its popular leadership development series. A certificate program is being offered in Healthcare Leadership, and another is in Sustainability Leadership.
Both were developed in response to demand from practitioners and executives who want to remain competitive and effective in the increasingly complex environments in which they work. The online component of the programs accommodates busy students who need flexible time and place requirements for study. The academic credit earned in completing these certificate programs can articulate to several graduate degree programs at Fielding.
Students in Fielding's Healthcare Leadership Graduate Certificate Program learn to:
- Apply OD and systems concepts to the analysis of healthcare leadership
- Understand finance and budgeting as key components of the administrative process
- Understand the role of the legal system in health policy, delivery, and application of socially just and equitable health
- Develop leadership skills critical to the healthcare industry
Students in the Sustainability Leadership Graduate Certificate Program will:
Gain an understanding of sustainability through an interdisciplinary perspective that integrates ecological, economic, cultural, and organizational theory and research
- Explore the forces that shaped modern conceptions of sustainability
- Understand a global perspective on the nexus between human activity and the environment
- Develop leadership skills that address sustainability issues and challenges
Program requirements and application information are available at:
Or, for more information about the certificate programs, email Geren Piltz, Admission Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.898-4001 or toll-free 800.340.1099.